A shower curtain rod is essential for the hanging curtain. You can assemble shower curtain rods in drywall, wet wall, tiles, and plenty of areas. But, when the wall comes dry, it is easier for you to install your shower curtain rods without getting any problems.
So, how to install shower curtain rods in drywall? Well, you will install your shower curtain rods in your drywall using glue, drilling and screws, epoxy resin, and also use connectors. It is hard enough to provide exact answers like yes or no. Keep reading to get three popular methods to assemble the rods on the drywall.
How to Install Shower Curtain Rods in Drywall?
To install the shower curtain rods in drywall, you will get 3-different processes from this section. Before starting the processes, you should collect some important tools and elements. I suggest you check out the following tools and elements list and then jump to the main process.
- Waterproof, strong glue
- Epoxy resin
Way 1: Use Drill Machine & Screws
The drill machine and screws system allows you to install the shower curtain rod in your drywall permanently. But how can you assemble the shower curtain rod with a drill machine and screws? Check out the following step-by-step guide.
- Make the perfect measurement on both sides with the rod so that you can easily make the holes.
- Now, you need to make holes from both sides. You may see the hole size from the connectors. Most of the connectors come with two holes.
- After that, hold the connectors and insert screws to strongly stuck the connectors.
- Finally, put the rod with both of the connects and tighten them properly.
This method is universal, which means it must work for you. Note that you should make small holes so that your wall will be safe.
Way 2: Install Shower Curtain Rods with Glue
When you cannot make a hole in your drywall, you should use a glue system. Though it doesn’t provide you with much security like the above drilling way, you will still get enough security from this process. So, let’s start the process of sticking the rod on the wall.
- Step 1: Mark the area based on your shower curtain size. You can use a black marker and measuring tape to mark.
- Step 2: Clean the marking area where you need to use glue. You can use a clean cloth or brush to clean the area.
- Step 3: Use glue for the marking area and the rod’s sides. Don’t wait; stick the rod on the gluing wall as soon as possible.
- Step 4: Hold the rod for a while so the glue dries out and sticks to the wall properly. Note, try to choose strong waterproof glue to get better performance.
Way 3: Use Epoxy Resin to Install Shower Curtain Rod on Drywall
Epoxy resin is a strong element that allows you to install your shower curtain rod on drywall properly. Epoxy resin allows you to stick the rod on the drywall securely. So, follow the below process step-by-step to assemble the rods.
- Step 1: Make your epoxy resin on a pot. You should make epoxy resin with a stick or brush.
- Step 2: After making it like paste, you need to use both sides of the rods
- Step 3: Use the epoxy resin on the wall where you want to assemble the shower curtain rod
- Step 4: Attach both sides of the rod with the epoxy resin wall and hold for a while so that they can stick properly.
- Step 5: Finally, you see that your shower curtain rod installed with the drywall
How to Install Shower Curtain Rod into Ceramic Tile without Drilling?
If you want to install a shower curtain rod into ceramic tile without drilling, you will use glue, epoxy resin, and connectors. These elements are truly much better than sticking the rod on the wall when you are unable to drill.
But you should choose the right glue and strong epoxy resin. You can check out the above method to install your shower curtain rod without drilling.
Some Additional Information (FAQs)
Q: How do you secure curtain rods to drywall?
Answer: You can secure curtain rods to drywall using screws. Drilling and screwing are truly much better than securing curtain rods to drywall. But, when you cannot use a drill machine or make a hole in the wall, you will use glue or epoxy resin to secure your shower curtain rod.
Q: How do you fix drywall strong enough to hold a curtain rod?
Answer: Use a drilling system to fix drywall. It strongly holds the curtain rod, and you can also create extra pressure without a broken problem. Moreover, epoxy resin is also good enough and strongly holds the rod when the resin dries properly.
Q: Can you use drywall anchors for curtain rods?
Answer: The official answer is yes, you can use drywall anchors for curtain rods. Moreover, you will use a drill machine to make holes properly and anchor them with the rod. I hope that you get your question answered.
Drywall is always a better option for assembling shower curtain rods. When your wall dries, you don’t need to dry the wall again. Because glue, epoxy resin, and screws system always demand drywall to assemble. I would love to suggest you check out the above 3-ways to install your shower curtain rod in your drywall.
Hi, there my name is William Lee and I am the founder of the DecorHomefFiner.com website. I am an expert DIY for bathrooms, living rooms, and kitchens. I am also a social helper which means I am helping people on social media about their homes.