Showering is our regular routine, and most people love to shower in a bathtub. When you use your bathtub for a period of time, rust stains will appear. What happens when your bathtub comes with rust stains problem?
Or, how to get rid of rust stains in your bathtub? There are plenty of ways you can apply to remove rust stains from your bathtub, but baking soda, lemon and salt, elbow grease, and some other elements work far better. These elements allow you to hassle-free and comfortably remove rust stains from your bathtub.
You will discover three simple and effective methods to get rid of rust stains in your bathtub. So, try applying any methods to remove rust stains from your bathtub.
How to Get Rid of Rust Stains in Your Bathtub?
First of all, you need to know why rust stain comes in your bathtub. The bathtub faucet and pipe are the main sources where stain occurs. Hard water, calcium, and other things also cause this problem. So, you need to avoid this problem as much as possible.
Way 1: How to Remove Rust Stain in Your Bathtub with Lemon and Salt?
Lemon and salt create acids that fight against rust stains. Rust stain comes with several ingredients which make the bathtub bad looking. However, you can check out the following steps to remove rust stains from your bathtub.
- Apply the lemon juice over any of the affected spots. You can apply some extra lemon juice so they can easily set and work.
- Spread salt over the lemon juice so that they can work together. Make sure that you apply lemon juice and salt to the affected areas.
- Let them sit for 3 to 5 hours.
- After that, you can use a microfiber cloth to scrub
- Finally, use water to clean the areas. You can use hot water to get better performance.
These steps are truly helpful in getting rid of rust stains from the bathtub. Try to use all of the affected spots to get a better solution.
Way 2: How to Remove Rust Stain in Your Bathtub with Baking Soda?
If you fail to remove rust stain from your bathtub after applying the above method, you can apply this method to remove rust stain. Baking soda is a household element, and it is safe to use. So, let’s get started.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water. The amount is depended on your affected areas and bathtub.
- Spread the paste on the affected areas. Make sure that you use the paste on all of the affected areas so that you can clean the bathtub properly.
- Let them sit overnight and check out the next morning.
- In the morning, you need to use a scrub to remove the paste gently.
- Now, you get a rust-stain-free bathtub. If it is not working, you should repeat the same process two or 3 times.
These 5 points are essential to remove rust stains from your bathtub. It is also an inexpensive method that helps you reduce costs. So, try to apply baking soda to remove rust stains from your bathtub.
Way 3: How to Get Rid of Rust Stain in Your Bathtub with Elbow Grease?
It is a bit more tricky method than the above ways. Elbow grease is also the best solution to remove rust stains from the bathtub, which I describe in the following section.
- Step 1: Dampen your cleaning areas and let them sit for a minute or two
- Step 2: Now, it is time to rub the stain where you apply the elbow grease gently
- Step 3: Repeat the process until it is clean properly
Follow these three steps properly so that you can get rid of rust stains in your bathtub. Elbow grease is also an expensive way than the above two methods.
Tips to Keep Safe Bathtub from Rust Stain
- To get rid of stains from the bathtub, you should clean your bathtub regularly
- Remove the pipe of the bathtub faucet for at least a month and clean it properly
- Try to avoid hard water and calcium
- Try to avoid using harsh chemicals to clean your bathtub
FAQs (Frequently Ask Questions)
Q: What causes rust colored stains in bathtub?
Answer: Hard water, calcium, and some other element make the bathtub rusted colored. Moreover, when you are unable to clean your bathtub regularly, your bathtub also faces rust problems. Furthermore, extreme humidity also causes a rusted problem in the bathtub.
Q: Is it OK to bathe in a rusty bathtub?
Answer: It is risky to bathe in a rusty bathtub. First of all, it affects your hair and skin. Rust powder mixed with water creates several problems in your body’s skin. However, it also looks ugly and doesn’t provide you pleasant bath.
Q: How do I get old rust stains out of my shower?
Answer: If you want to get rid of old rust stains from your shower, you can use lemon and salt, baking soda, elbow grease, acid, and so on. I suggest you check out the above step-by-step guideline to remove old rust.
Q: Will bleach remove rust stains from bathtub?
Answer: The answer is no. Bleach doesn’t seem capable of removing rust stains from the bathtub. Applying bleach on the rust stain changes color but does not dissolve. So, try to use other things like baking soda, lemon, salt, and others to remove rust stains from your bathtub.
Removing rust stains from the bathtub is an easy task. There are several types of ingredients I found that works against rust stain. But baking soda, lemon, and salt, elbow grease are the best solution to remove them. It would be better for you to maintain the above guideline to remove the rust stain problem from your bathtub.
Hi, there my name is William Lee and I am the founder of the DecorHomefFiner.com website. I am an expert DIY for bathrooms, living rooms, and kitchens. I am also a social helper which means I am helping people on social media about their homes.