The shower curtain rod has to be secured to avoid falling and causing accidents. The shower curtain rods need to exert enough pressure on the wall because sometimes the curtain gets pulled down. So, how do I keep my shower curtain rod from falling? Especially not on your head.
There are plenty of ways you can apply to keep your shower curtain rod from falling. Well, you can secure the rod using gluing rubber shelf lining material, epoxy resin which you need to use on two sides, and a strong glue system.
Let’s follow 2-simple and effective methods to keep your shower curtain rod from falling. I strongly believe that these two methods more secure your shower curtain rod, and you will be able to use the rod without fear.
How Do I Keep My Shower Curtain Rod from Falling?
To secure the shower curtain rod, I will use a strong glue and epoxy resin. These two elements are far better and stick to the shower curtain rod in any situation. So, collect the following materials and elements and then choose any of the methods to secure your shower curtain rod.
- Strong Glue
- Epoxy Resin
- An old brush
- A cup
- Hand Gloves
Method 1: Use Strong Glue to Prevent Shower Curtain Rod From Falling
This is one of the best methods you can follow to secure your shower curtain rod. Using strong glue on both sides of the rod allows the rod to be strongly stuck to the wall. Don’t skip any of the steps below.
- Step 1: If your shower curtain has already been installed, you need to apply the glue on both sides of the rod.
- Step 2: But if you think you need to assemble the rod newly, you need to mark both sides based on the shower curtain rod size.
- Step 3: Clean and dry the marking area. You can use old cloth to dry and clean the area properly.
- Step 4: Now, attach glue on both sides of the curtain rod and apply glue on the wall where you cleaned.
- Step 5: Finally, hold the rod for a while so that it can dry and stick to the wall properly.
These 5 steps are ready to secure your shower curtain rod. If your shower curtain rod moves when you touch the curtain, you should secure the rod as soon as possible.
Method 2: Use Epoxy Resin to Prevent Falling Down Shower Curtain Rod
Epoxy resin is always strong enough and attaches other elements strongly. When you fail to use glue in your shower curtain rod for more security, you can use epoxy resin without facing a single problem.
- Step 1: First, you must build the epoxy resin-like paste. When you make the epoxy resin, it should be pasted.
- Step 2: Now, you should apply the paste on both sides of the shower curtain rod. Without much delay, use the paste on the wall on both sides where you want to assemble the rod.
- Step 3: Hold the rod in your hand and attach both sides to the epoxy resin.
- Step 4: Wait for a minimum of 10 minutes so that the resin dries and secure the curtain rod.
- Step 5: Finally, your shower curtain rod becomes more secure to use
You can use an old brush and a cup to make epoxy resin paste. Don’t make the paste so much because epoxy resin needs very little to attach the shower curtain rod to the wall.
Stick to Stay Shower Rod Holders
You have to stick your shower rod holders properly so that they can stick properly and you can avoid falling down the problem. Screwing shower curtain rod holders are always secure. Though the shower curtain rod comes with securing way, you can secure the rod holders more.
Well, you can use strong glue, epoxy resin, strong connectors, and some other things for securing the rod. Epoxy resin is truly strong enough to stick shower rod holders. I suggest you check out the above two methods to stick shower rod holders.
FAQs (Frequently Ask Questions)
Q: How do I get my shower curtain pole to stay up?
Answer: To get your shower curtain pole to stay up, you can use strong waterproof glue, epoxy resin, end connectors, and so on. They allow you to hassle-free pole the shower curtain up even if you are using a heavy shower curtain.
Q: What can I use to hold my shower rod up?
Answer: You can use epoxy resin, screws, connectors, and some other elements. To hold your shower rod up, you need to remove the older shower curtain rod and mark the above sides to assemble.
Q: How do you secure a shower rod?
Answer: If you want to secure a shower rod, you can apply the screwing method. Of course, a screw system is one of the best secure ways you can follow. Well, you need to use a drill machine to make a hole for screwing your shower curtain.
Securing shower curtain rods is an essential and serious task that you can’t avoid. You will use several things to secure the shower curtain rod. But glue, screw, and epoxy resin are popular and work far better than others. So, try to follow any of the above methods to keep your shower curtain from falling.
Hi, there my name is William Lee and I am the founder of the DecorHomefFiner.com website. I am an expert DIY for bathrooms, living rooms, and kitchens. I am also a social helper which means I am helping people on social media about their homes.